The first Armstrong FFA Alumni Auction & Dinner this past Saturday was a HUGE success! On behalf of the Armstrong FFA and Alumni I would like to say how thankful we are for the support from the community and the local businesses that donated items or made a monetary donation. We had 175+ guests that attended and expressed their support of our program. Together we exceeded our goal! A special thank you to The Gordon Hannagan Auction Company, especially Jim for being our awesome auctioneer, as well as Gale Cunningham with WIXY Classic, Rantoul Press and Maggie Hockenberry with Channel 3 News for the great advertisement of our event. The funds raised will go towards making field trips, conventions, conferences and camps for the students more affordable as well as updating our greenhouse.
We hope to see you all next year!
This past Wednesday night, two Armstrong FFA members competed in the District 4 Proficiency Awards at Sullivan High School. Zane Wright competed in Home & Community Development and Noah Mockbee competed in Forest Management and Products.
Congratulations to Noah Mockbee for being the District 4 Proficiency Award Winner in the area of Forest Management and Products. He will be moving onto the State Proficiency Awards Competition on March 24th at the University of Illinois.
Good Luck to Noah!
The Horticulture class is very excited to see our greenhouse fill up with lots of flowers! We are working on getting everything transplanted and organized, while trying to keep the greenhouse warm enough!
We will be having a plant sale at the end of the semester (May), so keep us in mind for your summer landscaping plans!
Last week the Armstrong FFA had a great time participating in FFA Week! Here are the highlights of that week:
Tuesday – Friday: The FFA hosted a school-wide food drive to collect non-perishable foods for the Eastern Illinois Food Bank. In order for the students to be able to wear their hats throughout the week, they had to donate a canned food item for each day!
- Dress up day: Wear Your Favorite Tractor Logo/Color, Mrs. Young took home the prize for the best dressed.
- Homeroom Game: Tug-a-war, the Juniors wont he Championship!
- Dress up day: Camo/Redneck Day, Gabi Hudson took home the prize for best dressed.
- Homeroom Game: Egg Race, the Seniors won the Championship!
- We hosted a Teacher Appreciation Breakfast in order to thank all of our hard working teachers for everything they do for their students.
- Dress up day: Deck out in Blue & Gold, Brittnay Lance took home the prize for the best dressed.
- Homeroom Game: Tire Race, the Juniors, once again, took home the Championship!
- Drive Your Tractor to School Day! We had a lot of students participate in this fun activity!
- Dress up day: Twin Day, we had a tie for this dress up day! Anna Duden & Makayla Learned as well as Zane Wright & Jayce Townsend took home prizes.
- Homeroom Game: Pedal Tractor Race, the Seniors, once again, took home the Championship title!
Thank you to all who participated and made the week fun! Be sure to check out the attached pictures!
Armstrong Township High School Agriculture Classes Highlight:
Basic Ag Mechanics: The students started their welding unit. They are learning how to stick weld, as well as using the torch to cut pieces of metal to practice their welding on! Many of the student are enjoying learning a new skill and are improving everyday!
Ag Mechanics and Technology: These 3rd year students have been working on a loafing shed designed for horses.
Ag Science: We have been talking about food preservation and the students have been broken into groups and assigned different techniques to research how to preserve food. With that research that they find they are to form a convincing debate as to why their technique is the best one to use. The groups will be going head to head in heated debates with only one group and their technique coming out as the winner!
Ag Communications and Leadership: These students have been working on promoting and organizing a plan for our upcoming auction!
Introduction to Agriculture: We just finished setting up everyone’s record book and SAE (supervised agriculture experience) projects and are practicing how to enter records by playing Monopoly. The students play a game of Monopoly and each turn that they roll and move their game piece is recorded into their record book to mimic what they will be doing for their projects.
Horticulture: Students are working hard on cleaning out and organizing the greenhouse and getting it ready for our upcoming plant delivery.
Together with the Armstrong FFA Alumni we have been working hard on planning our Auction that is on March 10th at 4pm at the High School! We have compiled many donations to be auctioned off and are still looking for great items! If you or anyone you know would like to donate to our auction, that would be greatly appreciated!
Feel free to contact Miss Foran through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (217-569-2122) if you have any questions or if you would like to donate.
We will keep an updated list of donated items, so keep your eyes peeled!
We hope to see you at our auction!
Some of the items that have been donated so far are:
Tractor Metal Picture from Jessie Starkey
Pedal Tractor from Birkey’s
Feeding Trough from Owen Mockbee & Ross Construction
Fighting Illini Football Tickets
Several Gift Cards from a variety of restaurants and stores
Thank you to these donors and keep checking our page as we revel more and more donation items!
The Armstrong FFA received their first donation for their auction that is coming up on March 10th at 4pm in the High School Cafeteria!! Thank you to the Danville, Illinois Culver’s for donating a variety of coupons to be auctioned off. Make sure to come out and support the FFA and eat some delicious food!
Here is an update on the Auction:
- March 10th at 4pm in the Armstrong Township High School Cafeteria
- If you would like to donate any items or make a donation for the cause that would be greatly appreciated! Please contact Miss Foran at 217-569-2122 Ext: 1018 or email@example.com if you are interested in making a donation
- We will be posting updates about the donation items we have received on the school site, so be sure to look out for those updates!
We hope to see you all at the auction!
Let Miss Foran know if you have any questions.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!
The Armstrong FFA and the Armstrong FFA Alumni will be hosting an auction on March 10th from 4-8pm in at the Armstrong Township High School. Please be on the lookout for more information as we get closer to the date!